Isn't it a miracle?? I am so thankful for technology, I don't have the words...
The day of the retrieval, I think my abdomen expanded 5 inches from bloating so badly! But it was gone within a couple of days. Having 12 embryos fertilize really boosted my optimism and I felt great all week...
The day of the transfer went very smoothly. We learned that 6 blastocysts made it to day 5 and that they were all grade A and A/B quality. They put in the best two and froze 4, which we can use later. I was put on bed rest for two days and was told just to take it easy. It was fine for a day, but then I got antsy! I can only read for so many hours!
Waiting to hear the results for a week was the hardest part of the process. There were no more milestones to focus on, there was only the result. My confidence that it would work plummeted. I was a walking emotional roller coaster. It became easier as I tried to focus on other people and fall back into serving. I love how the Lord sustains you when you're willing to forget yourself.
I was still holding my breath all week til we got the phone call. I think I could have easily just sat and stared a the wall listening to a ticking clock for all the attention span I had! But the call came at 4:50pm February 21st From Dr. Johnson stating he had the best news: I am "very" pregnant. He said my hcg level was at 220 and that they would a following blood test to make sure my hcg is rising... Within two days I was at 502. My ultrasound appointment to determine the number of embryos will be Mar 10th.
It has been 5 days and I am still in shock. I find myself wanting to take a test every day to reassure myself that I am still pregnant. At this point, I only feel tired and full (for lack of a better description). I have started walking only for exercise instead of my normal rotation of the elliptical, treadmill and stair climber. I am anxious about that balance of wanting to take care of myself and making sure I don't do anything to jeopardize the pregnancy at such an early stage. The fact that my hips are so sore from my progesterone shots kind of keeps me in check! Sometimes I think I shouldn't pick up Katherine and other times I think "I'm a mom. I have to live my life." Funny the things you start to worry about when you really don't have control. I am grateful that I am pregnant today. Things will work out.
A very special thank you to my visiting teacher, JJ, who has come over every night to give me my shot and who will continue to do it until Mar 10th. What a trooper!
Thank you again to everyone who has kept us on your prayers. We have felt so loved. We could not have made it through without you!

7 comments:
SO happy for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, you must've gone to the same doctor my friend Lindsey went to, he believes in the bedrest after in vitro thing. I know they don't all do that.
Can't wait till March 10th to hear that you are joining the twinner club. ;)
Congrats again!
I remember taking a test every day for two weeks after all the fertiity we did for Scotland! I can empathize with that worry of "Am I really pregnant?" You are and we are so happy for you!
Those are the BEST pictures ever! I used them once in a YW lesson, telling them, "THIS is life girls! From the very first moment!" Again, we're SO happy for you guys!
Sorry! That last comment was from me, not Eric. :)
Oh Amanda, I am so happy for you!
Amanda you don't know how happy I am for your family! Modern technology is amazing and I am so glad we have it!
Love you!
Post a Comment